Please email Makes Cents Media at ([email protected]) if you have any queries about your Personal Information, how we deal with your Personal Information or would like to amend or otherwise delete your Personal Information.
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (subject to exemptions that apply to us under that Act). We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to Makes Cents Media Pty Ltd or are a long-time user, please take the time to get to know our practices.
- How Makes Cents Media will collect and handle a User’s personal information;
- The kinds of personal information that Makes Cents Media will collect and store;
- The purpose for which Makes Cents Media collect personal information;
- How the User can contact the data controller;
- To contact the User in response to a query or feedback from the User or due to the information provided by the User;
- To enable Makes Cents Media or an Associate to provide the User with information;
- To provide to Makes Cents Media Associates and relevant third-parties to facilitate a booking and/or purchase;
- For marketing or promotional purposes;
- To provide the User with quotes in relation to goods or services;
- To verify a User’s identity.
- For any other purpose at Makes Cents Media’s sole discretion;
- The User’s full name;
- The User’s payment details including banking or credit card information;
- The User’s telephone numbers and email address;
- The User’s home address;
- Information which the User enters into the Makes Cents Media Platform including but not limited to photographs, images or written content.
Collecting the User’s Personal Information
Makes Cents Media will not collect personal information about a User without that User's consent and will only collect that personal information which a User voluntarily provides to Makes Cents Media.
Makes Cents Media may also collect personal information about a User from another business that you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf, from other companies that provide comparison services or other third parties.
Protecting the User’s Personal Information
Makes Cents Media will take all reasonable steps to protect the User's personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access.
Makes Cents Media will also destroy or de-identify any personal information which belongs to a User if that User requests that Makes Cents Media do so.
Use of Personal Information
Makes Cents Media will use the User's personal information for the primary purpose of providing the User with the service or offers in relation to the service. To provide the service to the User, Makes Cents Media on-sell the User's personal information to relevant third party businesses to obtain a quote for the User.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link), or by contacting us using the details below. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
Makes Cents Media will receive remuneration for the sale of Users personal information and data to relevant third party businesses or participating suppliers.
Other purposes for which the User’s personal information may be used include, but are not limited to:
- Enhancing the security of both Makes Cents Media and the User;
- Providing Makes Cents Media business partners or participating suppliers with the Users personal information so that they may provide the User with information about their products and services;
- Processing payments;
- Contacting the User in respect of any queries or complaints;
- For internal business management including accounting;
- To advise the User of new product offering or promotions by mail, phone, SMS, MMS or email;
- To advise the User about changes to the Makes Cents Media Platform’s terms and conditions;
- For legal proceedings if a dispute or claim arises as a result of the User’s use of the Makes Cents Media Platform;
User's personal information may be used by Makes Cents Media and the Makes Cents Media Platform to make automated decisions.
These rights to use your data extend to Makes Cents Media for an indefinite period of time. Ownership and distribution of your personal information to 3rd parties will be at the discretion of Makes Cents Media until you unsubscribe or opt-out.
The User's personal information is hosted by embr.australiaeast.cloudapp.azure.com on servers located in Australia.
The Data Controller is Makes Cents Media. The Data Controller can be contacted via email at [email protected]
Use of personal information for research purposes
Makes Cents Media may use a User's de-identified personal information for research and development purposes without obtaining a User's consent.
Individuals Right of Access
The User's personal information is collected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is held for seven (7) years.
A User can request to delete or amend any personal information stored by Makes Cents Media or its Associates, and/or request a Subject Access Request ("SAR") by contacting Makes Cents Media via email at [email protected]
Makes Cents Media will take all reasonable steps to allow a User to access the User's personal information unless such access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals and other Users.
A User can contact Makes Cents Media at any time on ([email protected]) to opt out of direct marketing with the subject line as Unsubscribe.
If entrants do not consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact the Makes Cents Media by email or post on the contact details on their website. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant's details should be directed to Makes Cents Media via email at [email protected]
Makes Cents Media on-sell the Users personal information to relevant third-party businesses. Makes Cents Media is not responsible for the privacy practices and policies for websites and applications not owned or managed by Makes Cents Media. It is the Users responsibility to be familiar with and understand the privacy policies of other third-party sites.
Cookies and Usage Tracking
Makes Cents Media and any Associate or relevant third party may use small text files called “cookies”:
- To enable more efficient browsing of the Makes Cents Media Platform;
- To keep the User logged in to the website as they move from page to page;
- For statistical purposes, such as to determine which pages visitors view most often, and to provide a better browsing experience.
If a breach is found, the Privacy Officer will escalate the matter to management so that the process can be rectified to prevent any further breaches from taking place. We will also contact you to inform you of the outcome of the investigation. We will endeavour to resolve all investigations within a reasonable time.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer in writing at:
Privacy Officer: Makes Cents Media Pty Ltd
Email: [email protected]
Postal Address: Po Box 5016 Mermaid Waters, QLD, 4218
USE OF THIS SITE MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT THE PRACTICES SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY. YOUR CONTINUED USE INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE CHANGES.